Strawberries are in season! And what is the best thing you can do with them! Bake them into a cake! Duh! 🙂
As a kid, my favorite fruit was always the strawberry! Red beauty of a fruit which has it’s seeds on the outside! So intriguing for children! Strawberry Cake is always a favorite for kids. This delicious fruit has a juicy and tarty flavor which can be relished anywhere be it milkshakes, ice-creams, desserts, puddings and cakes!
The health benefits of strawberries is another thing to mention. Full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and much more..!
Double Strawberry Cake
This Double Strawberry Cake with Almonds is all about one of the best strawberry cakes you can make that will satiate your palate and keep you wanting for more! Trust me on this! 🙂
If you are wondering what’s a Double Strawberry Cake, then let me tell you that if a particular ingredient is used in two different forms in the cake, it is called so. Here we are using strawberry puree and chopped strawberries in the cake.
How to make it Vegan?
Vegan Recipe is on it’s way!
- 140 grams All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 120 grams Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml Milk
- 60 grams Unsalted Butter, Melted
- ½ tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams Strawberry Puree (7-8 medium sized strawberries pulsed in food processor)
- 1 Large / 2 Small Strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Sliced/Chopped Almonds
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt and keep aside.
- In a bowl, measure the melted butter and add in the Vanilla Extract.
- Open the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat till eggs are incorporated well.
- Mix the milk, beat and then add strawberry puree.
- Now add the sifted dry ingredients in batches, little at a time.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Line a 6-inch cake tin and pour the batter.
- Top it with sliced strawberries and chopped almonds before baking.
- Bake for 50 min at 180 degree Celsius.
- You can use almond milk instead of regular milk for added flavor.
- Skip salt if using salted butter.
Let me know in comments which double flavors you would like to see more! Happy Baking!