Eggless Cherry Coconut Layer Cake from SCRATCH
There are times when we want to eat cake which is something different than the usual flavors. At times the chocolate, red velvet and butterscotch flavors become so repetitive that we crave for variety. I am an ardent chocolate cake fan but at times we all crave for a different cake that is not the usual. There are so many flavors other than chocolate which are equally scrumptious and delectable. One of them is this eggless Cherry Coconut Cake which is made from scratch!
This post is about this different and so full of flavors and extra moist Cherry Coconut Cake. I am sure that any coconut lover couldn’t help but make this homemade coconut cake recipe more than once.
Coconut and Cherry compliment each other so well that your palate is filled with the goodness of this creamy flavor. It gives that summery tropic cake kinda feeling which is absolutely amazing!
For making this delicious cake I have used Coconut Milk. If you wish to skip this, make sure you add coconut extract for the flavor and substitute Coconut Milk with regular milk.
How to make it Vegan?
- 210 grams flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 90 grams sugar
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 30 ml (3 tbsp) oil
- 125 ml coconut milk (made from 120 grams (1 + ⅓ cup) coconut and 200 ml (1 cup) water)
- 30 grams (2 tbsp approx) milk cream (taken from top of boiled milk)
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract (recommended)/ Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (you can also use leftover coconut after extracting milk)
- Pulse fresh coconut with hot water in the mixer. Squeeze it in batches to get white coconut milk. Strain and keep aside. Skip if using store-bought Coconut Milk.
- Preheat the oven for 15 mins at 180 degree Celsius. Line a 6-inch cake tin and keep aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Mix Coconut Milk with Milk Cream using a whisk and add Oil to it.
- Add Extract, Water and mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients gradually.
- Add Vinegar now.
- Fold in desiccated coconut into the batter.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake for 45 minutes at 150 degree Celsius.
- Let the cake cool for around 2 hours before decorating. You don't want to melt the icing!
Find my Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe here.
Making the Layers of this Moist Eggless Cherry Coconut Cake:
- Slice the cake horizontally into 2 or 3 layers as per choice.
- Place a cake board or a large plate and start assembling the cake with the first layer.
- Apply simple sugar syrup generously with a brush or spoon.
- Using a spatula place a dollop of coconut icing on the first layer and spread.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut. You can skip this if you do not prefer lot of coconut.
- Chop the sugar sweetened cherries and place all over the layer as per liking.
- Place the next layer and repeat from Step 2.
- Once all layers are in place, start applying cream to the outer side using an offset spatula and level the edges.
- Tilt the cake with one hand and apply desiccated coconut using the other hand on top and all sides of the cake.
- Using a Wilton 194 icing tip, pipe the cream using alternate clockwise and anticlockwise hand movements and decorate with cherries.
Tips for Moist Homemade Eggless Cherry Coconut Cake:
- Adding Vinegar at the end helps the cake to rise more.
- I recommend using Coconut Extract for this cake. It can also be substituted for Vanilla Extract but the coconut flavor will be light and not prominent.
- This layer cake stays fresh for around 5 days when continuously refrigerated.
- Before serving, keep it at room temperature for an hour.
I hope you like my easy moist eggless Cherry Coconut Cake recipe!
Follow me on Instagram! I would love to see you there!
Check out my recommended products you need for this recipe here:
Disclaimer :This post contains affiliate links to products. However, this does not impact my reviews and recommendations.