How many times in a week do we skip breakfast or make do with processed foods like cornflakes or instant noodles before we head to work? This eggless wholewheat pancakes recipe takes just 5 minutes to mix ingredients and 5-7 min more to cook.
There are so many of those mornings when we are in a hurry to get to work or simply in no mood to cook up a decent breakfast. Many times we don’t have enough prep work done for an instant breakfast as few recipes need some overnight prep. The life of a working woman is not that easy after all!
Eggless Wholewheat Pancakes (Vegan)
These Eggless Wholewheat Pancakes are an easy choice in this case as they are instant to make and don’t need any overnight prep work. They can be prepared in 10 minutes flat and will be your instant favorite if you prefer mildly sweet things for breakfast.
What’s more..this recipe is 100% vegan. Perfect for health and fitness lovers.
Before you start:
Wholewheat pancakes will not be very fluffy as compared to pancakes made with all-purpose flour as this recipe uses very little baking powder but will be perfect for busy mornings to avoid processed foods like cornflakes and keep our health in check.
You can add extra half teaspoon of baking soda to this recipe to get more fluffiness.
The sugar in the recipe can be substituted with honey or jaggery.
- 140 grams (1 cup) Wholewheat Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder (optional)
- 20 grams (1.5-2 tbsp) Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small banana
- 15 grams (1 tbsp) Unsalted Vegan Butter (Any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water
- 250 ml (1+1/4 cup) water (or almond milk) (you can add more if it is dry)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt (optional)
- Mix the flaxmeal with 3 tbsp water and keep aside.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon and baking powder, if using.
- In a bowl, mash the banana and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients including flaxmeal-water mixture and mix well. Do not overmix.
- On a hot griddle, pour ¼ cup of the batter and let cook. Once the first side is cooked, flip. Cook for a minute.
- Stack 2-3 pancakes and drizzle honey. You can top them with fresh fruits/whipped cream.
- Serve hot.
This is a kid-friendly recipe and perfect as a part of toddler breakfast plan.
These pancakes should be consumed immediately as they taste best when served hot/warm. You can also substitute organic jaggery instead of sugar for added health benefits.
Regular butter can also be used instead of vegan butter.
These healthy and eggless wholewheat pancakes are very filling and can also be eaten as brunch.
If you liked this recipe, you would also like my Vegan Wholewheat Chocolate Cake recipe.