Here is another healthy breakfast recipe when we are short of time in the morning, we do not have any eggs in the pantry. Neither do we want to cook up something time-consuming nor do we want to choose some processed food like cornflakes or instant noodles!
This Wholewheat Breakfast Muffins recipe comes in handy at the right time like this! Just mix all the ingredients and you are good to go! Yes it is a one-bowl breakfast recipe!
When I was working a full-time job, I was always at a dearth of good breakfast recipes that I could just mix and let cook! Yes, there are few recipes like Idli but it requires much prep work to be done before making..so if you forget that, you have to choose something else.
Eggless Wholewheat Semolina Breakfast Muffins
This recipe requires no prep work and you can make these muffins when you did not make any pre-arrangements for breakfast without compromising on the health part!
And just because it is so quick to make and travel-friendly, you could easily pack few muffins and take it with you.
Yes! This is a great travel snack for road trips or long travel.
- 60 grams Wholewheat Flour
- 60 grams Sooji/Semolina
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 1 Green Chilly, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leave, chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) Yoghurt/Curd
- 100 ml Water
- 30 ml Sunflower Oil
- Preheat oven for 12 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Mix the wholewheat and semolina flours and baking soda. Sift them.
- In the same bowl, make a well in the center and add the rest of the ingredients except water.
- Add water at the end. Mix until combined.
- Line a muffin baking tray with liners or oil/flour and fill up to ¾th level.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
Let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing them.
Tip: You could also make them as a South Indian breakfast form of Paddu or Appams.