Moist Dark Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake is so uplifting by nature that it deserves a place in the book of world records! While eating Dark Chocolate has its own health benefits, there are few non-health benefits (HAHA!) in making a chocolate cake too!
Number 1. YOU REACH IN FOOD HEAVEN! (Oh YES!)
Number 2. IT UPLIFTS YOUR MOOD! FOOD HIGH!
Number 3. YOU CAN MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY!
Number 4. YOU CAN BOAST OF BEING A BETTER BAKER!
Number 5. A HAPPY YOU MAKES YOU A KIND PERSON!
Roasted Almond Dark Chocolate Cake without Eggs
With so many benefits under its belt, let’s go ahead and look into this awesome recipe which will help you achieve the 5 non-health benefits of making a chocolate cake!
This Roasted Almond Dark Chocolate Cake is the perfect choice when you want to get that regular dose of chocolate cake!
You can make this cake so easily..just mix the ingredients and you are good to go…almost qualifies for a one-bowl chocolate cake! This cake is very moist and soft that you will not stop on making it once and it will become your favorite in no time. Take my word!
Dark Chocolate Cake Ingredients and Substitutions
I have used black coffee decoction/black filter coffee in this recipe which gives this cake its flavor and is not advised to be substituted. You can use any local brand of filter coffee for this recipe.
Just in case you run of out filter coffee or simply do not wish to use filter coffee, make use of instant coffee. If using instant coffee, substitute decoction with same amount of water and 1/2 tsp depending on its strength. If it is strong coffee use 1/4 tsp.
You can also substitute milk for almond/soy milk and even with same quantity of buttermilk to give it a tangy taste.
Dark Chocolate Cake Baking Time and Temperature
This is my best chocolate cake recipe which when baked at 160 degree Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit gives you the best cake without any surface cracks! The cake in the photo was baked at 180 degree Celsius!
Do not forget to preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 12-15 minutes!
- 300 grams (approx 2⅓ cups) All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 240 grams (2 cups) Powdered Sugar
- 56 grams (2/3 cup) Cocoa Powder
- 200 ml (1 cup) Milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar/Lime Juice
- 150 ml (3/4 cup) Hot Filter Coffee Decoction
- 200 ml (1 cup) Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sunflower Oil (any Odorless Oil)
- Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add the Cocoa Powder and sift the dry ingredients.
- Add together milk and vinegar and let it stand for a minute.
- Mix the condensed milk and oil till they are incorporated together. Add the milk-vinegar mixture and the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients gradually.
- At the very end, mix in the hot coffee decoction.
- Pour the batter in your loaf pan and sprinkle almond flakes or chopped almonds on top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 160 degree Celsius.
Dark Chocolate Cake Yield:
I could make two loaves of 600 grams each + 2 muffins out of this recipe! This recipe made me 1300 grams of cake in total! That’s enough of yumminess for an entire family! You can make it into one large cake or mini loaf cakes for a party.
Join my awesome Facebook community for free:
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to products. This means if you buy something using my link, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Moreover, this does not impact my reviews and recommendations.
Check out my recommended products you need for this recipe here: